When Chuck writer Lauren LeFranc broke the news to me about all of the changes in the Chuck writers room, she was gracious enough to let me open the floor to fans for questions on Twitter. She was surprised by how many came in under 30 minutes, but answered them all... Here are the results of the Q&A! [MINOR SPOILER WARNING]
1. Could you ask Lauren what epis she's writing & titles? (asked by 2 people)
- Rafe and I are writing episode 2: Chuck Versus The Suitcase. We are also writing episode 7, but don't have a title for that one yet.
2. What new writers have been hired? (asked by 3 people)
- Answered - full details at TV Writer Podcast
3. When are they gonna get on twitter? (asked by 3 people)
- I think I'm twitter inept, but Rafe should be harassed to get on it =)
4. Title of 4.03?
- 403's title is: Chuck Versus The Cubic Z
5. Something she'd change from S3 if there was a rewind button
- Well we all know how everyone feels about Shaw, but everything that was done in Season 3 was important for all the characters' growth. And who knows if Chuck and Sarah would be together if Shaw hadn't been around... Okay, they probably would be, but still!
6. Will Lauren be writing any Sarah backstory this season?
- There should be some Sarah backstory coming up, but not sure if Rafe and I will get to write it. Though every writer, no matter who's writing which episode, is involved in breaking the story.
7. Will she and Rafe be writing solo as well as together?
- Rafe and I are a writing team so we are sort of a package deal, as we're hired together. So you'll probably never see a script with only one of our names on it =)
8. Did casting of Linda Hamilton change how MamaB role was originally conceived?
- Linda Hamilton was perfectly cast for the role of Mama B. Enough said? 😉
9. Is Greta an acronym?
- That's a Fedak question =)
10. How will the new writers approach the task of writing material for returning characters created by past writers?
- Our new writers should probably answer this one, but when Rafe and I came on last season we studied the characters and the material. And they're doing the same. Plus, they're all fans of Chuck so it makes it a lot easier.
11. Will you pick a city in Canada for one of the Chuck EP's this season?
- I hope our team heads to Canada this season. It'll just depend on how cold it is there. Any city suggestions?
12. How is Rafe?
- Rafe is good. Apart from me, I think he's the best writing partner one can have 😉
13. Did everyone have fun brainstorming this season's storyline?
- We're all having a ton of fun this season. You guys will really love the new writers!
14. Will the Orion Cave be referred to as the OC on #Chuck? 😉
- Hadn't thought of that before. It should be!
15. Can we get another Christmas Episode
- We'd all love to do another Christmas episode this season, but it'll have to depend on our schedule.
16. Pass along thanks to her.
- Thank you guys! Get ready, Season 4 is gonna be awesome!