You may have seen Mel’s excellent Year in Review at ChuckTV.net… I thought it would be good to highlight 2009 from the perspective of Chuck vs. the Podcast.
Chuck vs. the Podcast ends the year as:
– the #1 TV-themed podcast in the world, now for 13 months straight!
– #4 in the TV & Film category
– #36 overall out of 73,000 podcasts worldwide (all categories)
(Don’t forget that the votes reset on the 1st day of every month — please vote for us at Podcast Alley and help spread the word about Chuck!)
– We released an average of 2 podcasts per month (24 total), with a whopping 31 interviews. As of now, all of the regular cast, 3 directors, 4 writers/producers, 4 editors, and the composer have now appeared on the podcast (many more than once).
– On average, 15,000 people listen to our podcasts each month, hailing from at least 20 different countries.
– We hit a peak in the renewal campaign, with 80,000 listening to a single episode.
– This caused a need for more bandwidth — we welcomed 2 sponsors to help cover the cost, and are grateful for many cash donations. An important note is that 25% of the podcast running is still out of my pocket — if you enjoy the podcast I ask that you please consider a donation this year.
Other highlights were:
– We were involved in a massive fan renewal campaign, which ended up seeing Chuck renewed.
– Gray posted an iReport calling for Chuck’s renewal at CNN.com
– Gray was invited to come visit the Chuck cast and crew, and spent 2 weeks in L.A. in September visiting with and interviewing the gang behind Chuck.
The first of the video interviews taped in L.A. will be on the site later tonight!
Subscribe on YouTube for the full playlist of episodes, and follow Gray on Twitter for podcast updates!