When Chuck writer Lauren LeFranc broke the news to me about all of the changes in the Chuck writers room, she was gracious enough to let me open the floor to fans for questions on Twitter. She was surprised by how many came in under 30 minutes, but answered them all… Here are the results of the Q&A!
[MINOR SPOILER WARNING]
- Rafe and I are writing episode 2: Chuck Versus The Suitcase. We are also writing episode 7, but don’t have a title for that one yet.
- Answered – full details at TV Writer Podcast
- I think I’m twitter inept, but Rafe should be harassed to get on it =)
- 403’s title is: Chuck Versus The Cubic Z
- Well we all know how everyone feels about Shaw, but everything that was done in Season 3 was important for all the characters’ growth. And who knows if Chuck and Sarah would be together if Shaw hadn’t been around… Okay, they probably would be, but still!
- There should be some Sarah backstory coming up, but not sure if Rafe and I will get to write it. Though every writer, no matter who’s writing which episode, is involved in breaking the story.
- Rafe and I are a writing team so we are sort of a package deal, as we’re hired together. So you’ll probably never see a script with only one of our names on it =)
- Linda Hamilton was perfectly cast for the role of Mama B. Enough said? 😉
- That’s a Fedak question =)
- Our new writers should probably answer this one, but when Rafe and I came on last season we studied the characters and the material. And they’re doing the same. Plus, they’re all fans of Chuck so it makes it a lot easier.
- I hope our team heads to Canada this season. It’ll just depend on how cold it is there. Any city suggestions?
- Rafe is good. Apart from me, I think he’s the best writing partner one can have 😉
- We’re all having a ton of fun this season. You guys will really love the new writers!
- Hadn’t thought of that before. It should be!
- We’d all love to do another Christmas episode this season, but it’ll have to depend on our schedule.
- Thank you guys! Get ready, Season 4 is gonna be awesome!
And that’s all she wrote! Thanks again to Lauren for answering all of our questions, and for doing such a wonderful job writing Chuck! Please feel free to comment below.
Subscribe on YouTube for the full playlist of episodes, and follow Gray on Twitter for podcast updates!