You may have seen Mel’s excellent Year in Review at ChuckTV.net… I thought it would be good to highlight 2009 from the perspective of Chuck vs. the Podcast.
Chuck vs. the Podcast ends the year as:
– the #1 TV-themed podcast in the world, now for 13 months straight!
– #4 in the TV & Film category
– #36 overall out of 73,000 podcasts worldwide (all categories)
(Don’t forget that the votes reset on the 1st day of every month — please vote for us at Podcast Alley and help spread the word about Chuck!)
– We released an average of 2 podcasts per month (24 total), with a whopping 31 interviews. As of now, all of the regular cast, 3 directors, 4 writers/producers, 4 editors, and the composer have now appeared on the podcast (many more than once).
– On average, 15,000 people listen to our podcasts each month, hailing from at least 20 different countries.
– We hit a peak in the renewal campaign, with 70,000 listening to a single episode.
– This caused a need for more bandwidth — we welcomed 2 sponsors to help cover the cost, and are grateful for many cash donations. An important note is that 25% of the podcast running is still out of my pocket — if you enjoy the podcast I ask that you please consider a donation this year.
Other highlights were:
– We were involved in a massive fan renewal campaign, which ended up seeing Chuck renewed.
– Gray posted an iReport calling for Chuck’s renewal at CNN.com
– Gray was invited to come visit the Chuck cast and crew, and spent 2 weeks in L.A. in September visiting with and interviewing the gang behind Chuck.
The first of the video interviews taped in L.A. will be on the site later tonight!